Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day Tay!

It’s Father’s Day, a typical Sunday and nothing extraordinary. I finished my usual Sunday household chores—washing my clothes, cleaning my room and organizing my stuffs. Then, I logged-in in FB. And my eldest sister’s post caught my attention.

She jotted down,


Afterwards, I started to miss him and tried reminiscing the moments how we spent our lives together. I couldn’t recall but only a picture of him. I know that he’s a bit slim and tall. He loves basketball. He was an ex-seminarian and he used to play guitar—same with my Nanay. I often insist my own love story of them. Since my Nanay, has a beautiful voice, their relationship was developed and strengthened by music—my Nanay sings and then my Tatay plays the guitar—lol. Perfect story isn’t it?

My titas and titos would normally tell me that i looked like him. But I wish I had his height...

Anywayz, the last moment I could remember that I’m with him was when I ‘m seated in front of a car, embracing my Nanay and I was drastically teary-eyed. I was only 5 years old then. With such innocent mind, I could barely felt that someone special was leaving...


If only he was alive. Maybe my life today is different. Maybe I am not where I am now. Maybe I graduated somewhere else or maybe I am not a CPA. But don’t get me wrong, I’m still glad with the journey I have now even without him. After all, I am with my Nanay who’s always there to nurse us and who used to be a father to us at the same time.

Happy Father’s Day to you Tay! and Nay!

We miss you Tay!

0 comments:

Post a Comment