Wednesday, May 12, 2010

As Pledged


Yes, I voted for Noynoy and Mar, not mainly because of the historic and popular blood that runs through their veins but the good and honest governance they are about to embark for the Country and to the Filipinos.

I was actually considering Gibo to become my president—basically I have this notion of picking up my bet based on the individual’s intellectual capacity. His credentials were exemplary—a topnotcher in the Philippine Bar Exams and a masters degree holder from Harvard Law School. Experience wise, he then serve as a board member in their province, then to congressman until appointed as secretary of National Defense. And yes, I did vote for GMA then. But neither had I voted for ERAP nor FPJ. I strongly oppose to those actors and actresses running for a congressional seats how much more to the executive branch of the government.

However, between good alternatives we always need to choose which is better and best suited in the circumstance.

When Noynoy declared to be the standard bearer of Liberal Party and Mar was replaced, the intention was clear—to ride the inclination of the mass since the death of his mother and former president, Corazon Aquino have touches the lives of so many. His father was remembered then too.

Weighing things, I have considered yellow over green. First, Noynoy may not be as clever as Gibo but he is still intelligent. The only difference is that the former is perhaps cleverer. Second, both had political experience in congress. Third, Gibo is the standard bearer of Lakas-Kampi CMD which is under the rule of GMA—GMA will always be his shadow. Fourth, both have the will to change the government. However, the change is irrelevant if you are affiliated with the outgoing president and Noynoy on the other hand have much integrity. Fifth, the Philippines needs a leader who in one way or another will not be corrupt and lastly and possibly the major factor why many Filipinos have these confidence on Noynoy is because of his roots. My intuition says, Noynoy will not besmirch the good name of his parents and likewise, he’s known for being a plain man.

***

When it comes to Villar, if he wins, the question lies on where and how he will reimburse the million pesos he spent for his political advertisements. With all fairness, his jingles are beguiling.

***

I eventually splurge my summer vacation in time with the election date since it’s the most convenient and practical way—means it wouldn’t be much that costly. For this year’s election, it seems this was the most remarkable and profitable election I have ever experienced.

I landed in the provincial airport before lunch and my Nanay and brother was there to fetch me. Then, I had my lunch at home. We somehow discussed and made some suggestions on who will then be part of our ballots. But everybody was of course free to choose his/her own candidates. Since, I’m staying in Manila and I’m knowledgeable only of few old political candidates at the provincial and municipal level, I have considered their proposals. The tightest position was that of the Municipal Mayor—the incumbent versus a former governor.

Unconsciously, I found myself in two abodes after lunch, where the ‘badil’ are being distributed. They both have my name in the list so I only took my part to get my share. Haha. But don’t get me wrong, I still voted for the person who (I supposed) is right and deserving to the position. Again, it’s just a matter of practicality.

0 comments:

Post a Comment